Let’s get out crunch on! I love this salad, it’s so simple to make but equally nutritious. Enjoy as a meal on its own or pair with a protein of your choice.
- 500g green beans
- 1 x red onion sliced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 x avocado
- 1/2 cup Grape seed oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette (I use NIULIFE Coconut balsamic vinegar)
- 1 tbsp seeded mustard
- 1 medjool date – seed removed
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 tsp curry powder
- Pinch of salt
- Prepare your green beans by slicing off each end. Blanch the green beans for 90 seconds in boiling hot water, then immediately transfer to cold running water. Rinse until they are cool, drain the water completely and set aside.
- Meanwhile – preheat oven to 180 degrees. Prepare two baking trays and line with baking paper.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil, a dash of salt and oregano to your sliced onions and lay them out onto your prepared baking tray.
- Bake in oven for 20 mins or until onion is cooked through and crispy.
- Using a non-stick baking tray, pour pine nuts onto tray and pop in preheated oven for 5-10 mins, or until the pine nuts are golden brown.
- Combine all dressing ingredients together. Taste as you go, you may need to add a dash more of balsamic.
- Combine all ingredients, beans, onion, pine nuts and sliced/diced avocado into a bowl and pour the dressing over the top.
Et Viola! Hope you all enjoy making this one. Tag @katiedickensonline in your creations!