These cookies are so quick and easy to make, & have now become our go to cookies!
Perfect with a cup of tea or even an on-the-go snack. The addition of pumpkin purée and chickpea flour makes these cookies so nutritious and filled with goodness, without the artificial sugars and preservative you usually find.
- 1 x cup pumpkin purée
- 2 x organic pasteurised eggs
- 3 x tbsp maple syrup
- 2 x cups almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp arrowroot or tapioca flower (optional – helps to hold the load together)
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced green apple + 1 tsp cinnamon for a fruit loaf outcome
- For a nut free option useGluten free flour mix of rice flour & buckwheat (do not use arrowroot or tapioca in this case)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a loaf tin
- Mix all wet ingredients together and combine well
- Add in all dry ingredients and mix to combine. If the batter is too thick slowly add in almond milk or coconut milk until it’s runnier and easier to pour. You don’t want the batter to be too runny as it won’t cook
- Lastly stir through sultanas
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin and place on the very bottom of the oven. Use your oven tray to sit right on top of the oven to help deflect the heat so the loaf doesn’t burn
- Bake for 35-40 mins or until knife insert comes out clean
Tag @katiedickensonline in all your creations!