Every time I make this loaf it is gobbled up by my 9 month and 2 year old. It’s also great for my bub because it’s nice and soft and he can break it down really well.
- 180g almond meal
- 180g pumpkin seed meal or buckwheat flour (ground pumpkin seeds)
- 3 tbsp flax meal
- 4 tbsp flaxseed
- 240g hemp seeds
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 500 ml of filtered water
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Prepare a loaf tin and line with baking paper
- Combine all dry ingredients- almond meal, pumpkin seed or buckwheat flour, flax meal, flax seed, bicarb , salt in a bowl and mix well
- Combine all wet ingredients- maple, water, apple cider
- Mix both wet and dry ingredients together until well combined
- Leave the dough to sit for 60 mins
- Pour the dough into a prepared loaf tin. You will need to use a spoon to scoop the dough in as it will be fairly thick
- Wet hands slightly and pat the top of the bread mixture down smoothing it out
- Place in the oven for 60 mins or until firm and brown on top
- Remove from the oven and let sit until cool. Then place on a wire rack to cool completely
- Serve with your favourite toppings. I like to smear avocado and lemon juice on mine!
Make sure you tag @katiedickensonline in all your creations!