These are by no means an everyday treat, however we do love that they are preservative FREE, grain free, & gluten free.
But what makes these cookies so delectable is the secret ingredient – brown sugar 😉 .When making vegan cookies it can at times be a little tricky to get them to harden up and maintain a nice chewy centre. Brown sugar, and icing sugar will do just this!
Enjoy these babies as a party favour, an occasional treat, or use them as an ideal comfort food for those sweet lovers out there. We love to serve ours with vegan Ice cream🍨 .
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 healed tbsp almond butter or any nut butter
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan choc chips
Alternatives for flour – GF plain flour, 1/2 almond 1/2 buckwheat
Alternatives for vegan butter, normal butter
Alternatives for brown sugar, coconut sugar or raw sugar
- Pop all ingredients (minus the choc chips) in a food process, thermomix or mix by hand until we’ll combine. You should have a really thick, creamy, stick dough.
- The pour in choc chips and stir them through.
- Using a tbsp spoon scoop the batter out and place on the prepared baking tray and lightly press down.
- Repeat this process until all the dough has been used.
- Bake for 15-20 mins or until nice and golden brown. Don’t be afraid to bake them a little longer to crisp them up.
- Take them out of the oven when cooked and l place on baking wire tray. Leave them to cool.
These cookies are delicious and makes 12 BIG cookies or 24 little bite-size ones.
Tag @katiedickensonline in all your creations!